Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Letter dated 19 August 2013--What?? Bleaching eggs?? Possible Stake?

Oi todas as pessoas no mundo (hi everyone in the world),

Can you believe it? 3 months! 1/8 of my mission is over. It is so sad to think that it is going by so fast but so exciting to know I still have 21 months out here (sorry if that sounds like a really long time).
Oh my gosh, the story about Ben at first made me panic but I am glad that he is doing good now. It is so weird to be so far away from the family to where I don't hear about things that happen to the family. But at least I get to hear stuff weekly. Mark, we are having the same battle in our house with cockroaches, spiders, and these weird worm things. It is crazy with the bugs here.
 
Yeah, right....don't even try to convince your readers that spider is real! If it was, you wouldn't be laughing!!
Mom, I am excited to hear that you're looking forward to your math class. I think that what your friend said was very inspired. It is really true. It takes time to make it to the end goal, but when you think about it, the end goal hardly means anything, its the journey that makes you grow. That is what I am realizing with the Portuguese, Creole, and just mission life in general.
 
Great to hear that Elder Bowen is happily in the MTC now. I was thinking of him and a couple of other friends that I knew reported that day. 
 
So, about my life here in Paradise. It has been so hot... but so great at the same time. The missionary work this past week has been really slow because this past week has been a huge festival put on by the Catholic Church here. But because of the party, there were a lot of good street food venders. So you know how at the end of the Avengers movie they had Chwarma (spelling?) Well, I too have had chwarma and it is super good. :) It is beef, french fries, and all these veggies. Super good.
 
Other things that happened this week... We had zone conference on Friday and then Friday night we got to meet Elder Dyches of the Area Seventy. He was here to talk to the missionaries and to do a big conference for Fogo this weekend. Yesterday, Sunday, we bussed all the members from Mosteiros to San Felipe (a 2 hour drive) and we had a conference. There a new District Presidency that was called and we heard a lot of good messages. The purpose of the conference was to see if Fogo was ready for a stake. We won't find out if we get a stake until like 5 months from now. It was a good conference though. Liked it a lot and a lot of uplifting spiritual stuff.
 
Paradise shot between Mosteiros and Relva
 
So things with the companion are good. I feel like we are getting along good. It is going to be a good transfer. :)
 
Well, last thing to tell you (before I have anymore computer problems [which I have had for the past 2 hours.... Grr...]) is that I got the package Mom sent on the 16th so it took 8 days. We got lucky because  President Oliveira brought all the mail with him. It was great to get it and the pictures were awesome. I am glad I asked for the talk and thanks for the candy.  My comp and I were really excited for it. Like I might have mentioned in emails before, letters are like candy but packages are like gold.
 
Okay, to answer some questions really quickly. So to disinfect eggs you have to soak them in bleach water for a good long while. I don't know what happens or why but you do. About our weddings. Both I guess, are technically not happening, or at least not for a while. One couple wants to wait till November when their son from Senegal can afford to pay for the plane. The other couple has to renew their identifications and so they have to wait a while too. But we are still teaching them... just have to wait. I probably won't end up seeing either marriage though, which, I think is sad. 
Well, glad to hear that everyone is good. I love you all and can't wait to hear from you next week!

Elder Dorff :)


No comments:

Post a Comment