Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Letter dated 22 October 2013-- a volcano and immunize 'em!

Oi Família e Amigos,

Well you know the drill. I get on the computer after my companion finishes and the Internet goes out. Just my luck, right? But that is why I am emailing today.
 
Well, it sounds like everyone is doing good right now. Glad to hear that. I am doing good too but I am really tired from this last week of stressful work. Right now we are working with many new people and some that we have had for a long time but just aren't progressing as we were hoping. We have also been working a lot with less active members and helping them come back and partake of the Gospel again. There is a lot of work to do here in Mosteiros but I am still loving it all! 
 
Ocean near Vila da Igreja--what a view!
So, since I am writing on Tuesday, I guess I will tell you about what we did for P-day yesterday. You may remember, like 6 or 7 weeks ago, we went and hiked part of a nearby mountain but because of time we had to turn back. Well, this time we better planned and took an easier route and we hiked the entire mountain. It took about 2-3 hours to get up there and then 1 hour to get back down. We went with some other Elders from Relva. It was a lot of fun and I got probably my best pictures that I could ever get of the volcano. Only thing though is that I think that I got a little bit too much sun. That will be fun to deal with for the next few days. But it was worth it and besides that, no real after effects from the hike. 
 
Volcano-Pico de Fogo
 
 
Me and the volcano's moonlike landscape
Funny story time. So right now, Cape Verdean's are getting this weird vaccination thing to boost up the resistance to some disease and the Church is helping to sponsor the distribution. So this Sunday at Church, we were all in Sacrament Meeting and someone was giving a talk. After the person concluded, some random lady yelled (in Creole), "Good Morning everyone! Is Rosangela here!?" She then took her out and then that same lady just kept pulling random members outside to get shots. I don't think that the vaccine people understood that they shouldn't take members out of Sacrament Meeting to give them this shot but they did. Because of that I won a bet with Elder Paredes (I told him that the vaccine people where so determined to have everyone get it that they would pull people out of Church to do it). 
 
Moon above the ocean in Feijoal 
But yeah, it has been a good week and this week should be pretty good too. I hope all is going good and I keep you all in my prayers. Thanks for your love and prayers for me too!
Until next week comes!

Tchão!
Elder Dorff :)





No comments:

Post a Comment