Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Letter dated 10 March 2014--Transferred and a "mini missionary"

Olá Família e Amigos!

So, I've got a lot to tell you and not a lot of time to do it, so don't be mad if I forget to answer your questions. So first, I am being transferred! Not only that, but so is Elder Conduanhe! I am going too..............(drum roll)........... Achada San Felipe! You don't know where that is? Well, it is just barely in Praia. I am the last area you drive through to leave for interior Santiago. And I am serving with............. a mini missionary! You don't know what that is? Well, for your information, it is a missionary that is from Cape Verde who is either pretending to be a missionary so we can teach or someone who is waiting for a visa to Brasil. In this case, he is waiting for his visa. His name is Elder Lopes and I haven't met him yet. It will be an interesting adventure and I haven't decided if I am going to let him cook for me or not (just because they usually don't like pancakes and stuff like that).
 
Other news. In our last week of the transfer, we had a baptism! Her name is Mayra and her cousin is the husband of a married couple from Fogo. He brought her to Church and after that she wanted to be baptized so bad. So we talked to her, prepared her and then she was baptized.
 
Church was super good this last Sunday. I feel like it was just a natural trend that this last week everyone is giving lessons and talks on the Sacrament. It was a super good topic for our ward because it is pretty young and reverence isn't a easy principle to teach them. 
Well, next week, longer letter and photos galore.

Elder Dorff

No comments:

Post a Comment