Monday, January 27, 2014

Letter dated 27 Jan. 2014---Happy surprise... Baptisms!

Olá Família e Amigos!
Our apartment
Wow, what a full week. It was a good week but busy. So first off, it sounds like life is going good for everyone at home. In response to the question if I am using the Christmas decorations still, yes, yes I am. We had both the banner and the lights up but then the lights died so now we are just rocking the banner. The jello, like always, tastes like heaven and I am being super conservative with my chocolates and other candies. I want them to last me a good long time. But yeah, everything that you sent in the package got to me and I am loving using them!
This week was interesting because we started the week without anyone that was going to be baptized. Elder Conduanhe and I were working just like we always do when we went to one of our investigators that we have been working with for a long time. For many weeks we have been working with him and prepping him for his baptism but because of his parents, he was stopped for many weeks. Maybe you recall me recounting the experience that I had with my investigator Xandy? Well we went to his house last Tuesday and while we were talking, he said, "I can't wait to be baptized this week." And I was like, "oh yeah,........ WHAT!?!?!?!?!?" And he responded, "Yeah, my parents said that I can be baptized!" I couldn't speak Portuguese for a good 5 minutes because I was so excited/shocked (good thing that I have companion that speaks only Portuguese and can continue the lesson). So this last Saturday, Xandy was baptized. It was super cool too because his dad and little sister were able to come and he was able to be baptized by his friend, and our recent convert from the week before, Danielson. I am so happy for him!
 
 
Xandy's Baptism (With his family and Danielson)
 
But it was not only that. We also received a referral from the ward, taught her everything, and prepped her to be baptized this week. With like the biggest testimony ever and a big smile on her face, Neusa was baptized also, by Tony, the Ward Mission Leader. So this last week, we were blessed with the opportunity to help 2 people come closer to their Savior through baptism. It was super cool and I am really grateful.
Neusa's Baptism (With Tony)
 
I can't remember if I already talked about this but our mission is really putting a lot of importance on bringing people back to full activity through the Church and so we have worked a ton with less actives and we were able to prep 3 guys who are now worthy and received callings as Ward Missionaries. And what missionaries they are! They are introducing us to their friends and everything. The work is exploding here and I feel so grateful to be be here to see it all come forth.
 
This last week, as we were walking down the street, a member from another ward stopped us and told us, "Elders, you have a bunch of people who are ready to hear the Gospel down in "baixo" (the side of town where there are a lot of bars) and start with MaisAlto (a less active). Elder Conduanhe and I took that suggestion, made plans and are right now excuting that plan to grow the Church there. Hopefully, we will see a lot of success from down in the "baixo."
One last thing to talk about is soccer on P-days. I think that has become the highlight of my P-days (besides using the Internet). I haven't enjoyed playing soccer this much since I played as a 10 year old. Next week I am going to bring my camera to soccer and take some photos.
 Well I think that is plenty for today. Love you all a lot and talk to you all next week! Love you lots! (Didn't I already say that once?)

Tchão!
Elder Dorff

No comments:

Post a Comment