Monday, November 18, 2013

Letter dated 18 November 2013---Livin' and Learnin'

Oi Família e Amigos de eu,

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CARTER!!! I was thinking of you yesterday! Hope that the Bay Blades are fun. I remember playing with those a lot. They're awesome. 
 
Well, hey there everyone! This week was a good week although not all that much happened. We have found a bunch of new people to teach and many of them are progressing. The only thing that many of them are struggling with is Church attendance. The branch here has Church in a different city (like a 20 minute walk) and it starts at 3 in the afternoon; I don't think that Church can be any later than that. The good news is that many of the people we have found have already gone to Church a bunch before so it is time to help them go back and really get a testimony that it is true. Life is pretty stressful on the weekends for missionaries. If missionaries are going to have a baptism, Friday night the person has to have an interview with the District Leader, Saturday is the actual baptism and Sunday is the confirmation. As a missionary you have to make sure that the person gets there for all of those things. I think that is why Monday is so great. Get to play soccer for 3 hours, clean the house, go shopping, email home, and then just relax for like an hour, maybe 2. It's a great break. 
 
 
Things are going good with Elder Conduanhe. He is still learning how to be a missionary with the teaching and serving and everything. I still have problems with the language when I talk with him but I think I am getting better. We sometimes get into little arguments because one person misunderstood another but it always ends up with us laughing. I love working with him even though I don't feel like I can get to know him as well as I have with my American companions. All that matters is that things are all good with us and he likes how I make lunch now (rice,hamburger/sausage/other meats, eggs, fruit, and juice/sumo). Dad, I can understand what you mean by after eating rice every single day, it begins to get a little old... But I not sick of it yet.
 
Well, I love you all. Missionary work for me really has been a dream come true. I absolutely love working with the people here, members and non-members. The culture is so rooted in Christ and religion and God is important in everyone's life. I know that Jesus Christ is my Savior. I am grateful for his sacrifice. I am grateful for my opportunity to sacrifice these 2 years to help others know about the way to live with Heavenly Father again. This really is the Lord's work.

Elder Dorff :)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment