Friday, June 21, 2013

Letter dated June 21, 2013--Cousin Elder Luymes and some good news!

Oi minha familia e meus amigos!
 
Well hasn´t it been an eventful week! Last week in the MTC and it seems like there are way too many things to do and to prepare for. Well let me give you the low down.
 
First of all, everyone is super excited to ship out next Monday. And although it seems like it should have hit me sooner... I´m on my mission! How long has that been since I've been here? 6 weeks? Well they are over and I am going to CAPE VERDE in 3 Days!!! We went to the Temple today and I was like, "This is my last time going to the temple for 2 years... wait.. this is my last time being in North America for 2 years." It's pretty crazy here.
 
The MTC is crazy busy right now with the whole big Church Broadcast this weekend. There are many new mission presidents on campus and I am trying to find some General Authorities but not seeing any yet. On Wednesday we got to Host which means that we got to welcome this weeks missionaries. I got to show 2 missionaries around and it was a lot of fun. They seemed nervous which made me wonder, was I that nervous my first day? Thursday was interesting because we left campus, walked all the way past Lavell Edwards Stadium and had In-Field Orientation which was a 9 hour lesson. It was so long but definitely rewarding for 2 reasons. One, we learned helpful mission skills and 2, I FOUND ELDER LUYMES!!! I totally spaced that the missionaries that are going to be leaving next week from the West Campus were going to be there. We found each other at the very beginning and talked for a good long time. It was great to see my favorite "to-be-cheesehead" missionary before we left for our fields. I've also been able to see a whole bunch of people from BYU which has been a lot of fun.
 
Okay shout out time!!! Maggie thanks for your letter. There is a chance that I will be able to send you a letter before I go but I don't know. It sounds like you got a busy but really fun Summer ahead of you. I hope you have fun and are safe! :) Grandpa, thank you for everything. I loved your letter and all the cartoons. They put a smile on my face. David Bowen. Richmond is AWESOME!!! Congrats! I am so happy for you. You'll have to look up Sister Montgomery and Elder Dayton when you get there. They were from my BYU ward and they are both loving it! Aunt Sandi and Aunt Joanell thank you so much for what you sent me. I've enjoyed having some sweets around the residence every night. Yes I'm sharing and the other missionaries are happy about that. Dad and Mom thanks for sending the package. I got it yesterday and it looks like I am well prepared for the field. I'm trying to decide though if I will be sending a box back full of stuff that I don't need but want. We shall see. Cami, I can't wait to hear about that little boy of yours!
 
Okay so I feel like I need to share an experience that I had this week. So I went in to the MTC medical office to get a red dot on my head checked out. After a couple of seconds of looking at it, the doctor told me that I needed to have a biopsy. So they got what they needed, sewed my head closed (2 stiches) and sent my sample to the lab. The doctor said that either the result would be that it is a harmless mole or something that must be taken off. I was told that I would know the results of the test next Wednesday, a couple of days after I arrived in Praia. Well to my surprise, I received the lab results today and I am happy to announce that it is harmless and that I am going to be okay. :) Yay! Needless to say, I feel really comforted and am just so happy that it wasn't something bad. Now all I have to do is wait till Wednesday  to get the stiches taken out. All I can really say is thank you Heavenly Father for calling me to do Thy work and allowing me to continue.
 
Well it's been a great week and I wish I had more too say. I hope that I answered everyone's questions for the week. I love you all and I pray for all of your safety. Talk to you soon!
 
Tchou, Tchou
Elder Dorff

No comments:

Post a Comment