Monday, September 16, 2013

Letter dated 16 Sept. 2013---Transfer? just kiddin'

Oi Familia e Amigos!!!
 
Well, I'm doing good. I hope that you are all doing good too. :)

So, not much has happened between Wednesday and today except for one thing, TRANSFERS! So I have been in Mosteiros for 2 transfers. I finished my missionary in-field training and have spent 3 wonderful months here. But as most things that are wonderful, they all must end eventually. So I prepared myself to be transfered to a new area. I said goodbye to recent converts, and there were tears shed by some of my favorite members. We counted down til 9 pm and we sat waiting for the phone call from President Oliveira. And waited.... and waited... and it never came... So you know what that means? Another wonderful 6 weeks in Mosteiros! :) So today I get to go to all my converts and be like "Just Kidding!" Already a few of them have seen that I am still here. I am excited because I know that the Lord has a work for me and Elder Paredes to finish here. Man, I love this area!
 
So lets see, what else is new... Today was the first day of school for the people here and so the town that we do Internet in is super busy. I am curious to see how kids in school affects missionary work, seeing how most the Church membership here is pretty young.
 
Some cute children
Oh, and something else that came with transfers is that we get new planners. Something cool that we can do is decorate our planners and so I decked my out with the coolest flag in the world. If you recognize the flag and you were the designer of the picture, you and your brother should email me.
 
The translation is "...I remember those upon the islands of the sea..."
Oh, and so I need to do a little more explaining of my last email. So one, we don't have a car but we take taxis from area to area. Also, to get back to our house from the one city we took a bus halfway and then waited 4 hours for a hiace. You can bet that we were dead tired the next day. The roof of our house is good and is impenetrable (wind and rain), except for the spiders, flys, and lizards that find their way in.
 
Well, I love you all. I think about you a lot but I want you to know that I am really enjoying my time out here. A mission is a great experience and blessing. If you are trying to decide to serve or not, do it. You won't regret it. Love you and talk to you all next week!
 
Tchão!
Elder Dorff :)

No comments:

Post a Comment